01 January 2013

2012 year end round-up!

I've come a long way in 2012, as you're about to see. I started out with some pretty sloppy work and am very proud to say that I have cleaned things up quite impressively!

Here are some of my favorites from 2012:

70s mani
From January: 1970s nails


Revlon Midnight with Kleancolor Afternoon Picnic on top, mattefied.
From February: matted glitter nails


Kleancolor Chunky Holo Fuchia over Rimmel Black Satin.
Done in February but posted in March: reggae nails

Icing Magnetix - green
My first ever magnetic from all-green March.

Also in March, I started TartanHearts Jewelry! Mostly because I needed an excuse to buy more polish.

China Glaze 'Trendsetter'
I don't care how much hate it gets, I'll always love China Glaze "Trendsetter". Also from March.

my first at-home gel mani
I started doing gel in April and never looked back! (and this polish will be part of my first nails of 2013!)

gel swatch updates
By June, I'd already started on a gel stash.

my Fourth of July mani!
I got a little crazy in July.

Halloween/NLDS manicure
October was Orange October and my manicures helped my beloved San Francisco Giants win the World Series!

Giants/Halloween leopard print mani
This one helped them win the NLCS.

twee and honey 'Viscera' over black.
Seriously, it was a big month for my nails. This polish has tiny orange hearts! I still can't get over that.

Election Day nails
Things got simple again in November and I tried the 'scrubbing in' method of wearing gel with glitter and loved it!

Gelish - Runway For Your Money with glitter scrubbed in
See? It's good in every color.

China Glaze 'Winter Holly' with no top coat.
December got a little different again ...

Christmas nails featuring The Hungry Asain 'Candy Cane'
... but it's finished off pretty strong with my Christmas nails.

I'll have one final 2012 mani after this: my New Year's nails. I just finished them up before I started working on this. After all, what better thing to do when your nails are still wet than a little typing?

Happy New Year! I hope 2013 brings as much nail-related awesomeness as 2012 did!

2 comments:

  1. Omg you have a lovely blog, I loved Trendsetter on your nails too:)all of them are great, Here is my blog:
    http://styleglaze.blogspot.com/2013/01/dior-addict-lipsticks.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing nails you've had! Here's to 2013!

    ReplyDelete