26 December 2011

Paraphernalia didn't make it.

If you read my post about Paraphernalia, you'll know I hated the pattern. HATED it. In trying to work around it and start from almost scratch, I ended up with a weird number on the back of the leg and started to frog. Without lifelines. With cables. Yeahhh. FROGGED.

They became Gentlemen's Half Hose in Ringwood Pattern from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.

  Claire's socks.Claire's Christmas socks

I love this pattern. I started it before, and didn't like the yarn. This time, I think the match of yarn and pattern was great. I did do the pattern toe-up instead of top-down, but the way the patterns in this book are written makes it VERY easy to adapt them to your own preferences. (She outlines several toes and heels at the beginning and throughout the book that are interchangeable.) The pattern is deceptively easy, and most of it is stockinette, though it doesn't appear that way. I did a 64 stitch sock with a flat toe and a short-row heel.

I don't have an FO picture of these yet. I finished washing and blocking them Christmas Eve at about midnight, so needless to say, I didn't take the time to photograph them before I wrapped them. They were a gift to my sister so I know I will have an opportunity to photograph them in the future.

Pattern: Gentlemen's Half Hose in Ringwood Pattern
Yarn: Lion Brand Sock Ease in Circus Peanut
Needles: US #1s / 2.25mm
Ravelry project page: http://ravel.me/JessSacto/kihgg

No comments:

Post a Comment