27 December 2011

Christmas with Henry VIII

My mother and sister made a trip to the UK last year and the absolute coolest souvenirs they brought back were a set of Christmas tree ornaments with Henry and his six wives. I'm not sure where exactly they were purchased, but I think it was a gift shop at either the Tower of London or Hampton Court.

Here's Henry: (he's sure no Jonathan Rhys-Meyers)
   DSC_3040

Catherine of Aragon:
Catherine of Aragon

Anne Boleyn:
Anne Boleyn

Jane Seymour:
Jane Seymour

Anne of Cleves:
Anne of Cleves

Catherine Howard:
DSC_3042

Catherine Parr:
Catherine Parr

(In the course of googling to try to confirm which wife was which, I found that they are for sale as a set and individually. If you'd also like to have an English-themed Christmas tree, you can! The set seems to be different than the individual ones.)

Elizabeth I is mine! The 4% (redheads) have to stick together.
Elizabeth I

The overall effect:
DSC_3038

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cool! I'm totally jealous. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete