25 February 2013

NOTD: a-England Lady of the Lake

a England 'Lady of the Lake' over SensatioNail 'Heirloom Lilac'

This is: CND Stickey base coat, one coat Gelish base coat, three coats of SensatioNail 'Heirloom Lilac', two coats of a-England 'Lady of the Lake' and one coat of Jordana Quick Shine top coat. 

I layer regular polish over gel A LOT, as you guys have probably noticed. This is not a particularly good example of that technique. I've got tip wear as well as the gel still showing at the cuticle. I usually stick to a color that's closer to the gel's color and this shows why! If it isn't perfect, you can tell! I usually have only minimal tip wear, and this combo ended up with a lot. 

All that aside, this was my first wearing of an a-England polish. And I LOVE THEM! I bought three when the £6 promo was going on: this one, Saint George, and Dragon. I anticipate using Dragon for an upcoming St. Patrick's Day mani and I can't WAIT to get Saint George on my hands. (Too bad I'm going to Disneyland next week and DISNEY THINGS will be on the nails! This purple is dark and the holo shows up well in bright light (even bright artificial light). It's rather scattered, which I prefer. (Kaleidoscopes over OMGs any day!) 

Verdict: If you don't own any a-Englands, GET SOME! I know they aren't the easiest to get a hold of, but they are worth it! 

*Some of the products featured in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer. All opinions expressed are my own uncensored, regardless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment