13 February 2008

chatter.

The wind is back. No sixty miles per hour madness, but it's still windy. It's sunny out, but the wind just steals any warmth you can get from the sun. And it seems like I always blog when the weather sucks. Maybe I just find crappy weather inspiring or something.

I have a lot to blog about. I've actually got a list sitting on the desk next to me. I've been taking a lot of pictures lately, so if you really want to know what I've been doing check out flickr. I'm trying to not be lazy and make sure that every single one of my pictures is tagged and described. Especially since it bugs me when other people don't tell me exactly what every single item in all their photos is! hey, I'm nosy. I'll admit it.

Speaking of things I'm trying to do, I've been participating in the 2008 ABC-along for a little while. I've been doing things the lazy way (of course) and just putting things into the flickr pool. Hopefully from now on I will get an entry up about every letter.
I'm also trying to participate in 52 weeks, and in Ravelry's Project 365 (but again, 52 weeks-style). I really need to get in the habit of taking pictures and putting them up right after they are taken, when things are still fresh in my mind.

In getting things done news, I finished two projects this week! I finally finished theBoy's giant silver and black afghan! It was getting to the point where I just wanted to finish it so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore and I could just sleep under it. You know when you make something like an afghan as a gift that you have to test it out for a night or two. it's a quality control thing; you've got to make sure you've made a good, warm afghan.
I also finished my toe-up Charades last night! I'll take some pictures soon, when the wind isn't blowing a million miles an hour. I washed them as soon as I was done, and was hoping they might be dry by this morning. I really wanted to wear them today, but they were still wet.

I've been spending a lot of time at my new favorite "place": folia. It's like ravelry, but for gardeners. (I almost typed, 'It's like ravelry but for knitters'! Which is just confusing.) I've got a good portion of my plants in there, and almost all of my seeds. Everything, I think, but 3 packets. In doing this I've discovered that I'm really not a yarn stasher, but I am a big time seed stasher! I don't have a lot, but most of them I have no particular plans for. I just want to have them in case I need them, or something. Anyway if you're on folia add me as a friend. If you're not, you should check it out. It's still very small. And it has great new features, more of which are being added daily. It seems like every time I comeback there is something new, much like ravelry.

viola seedling

No comments:

Post a Comment