29 April 2014

Selfish Sewing Week 2014 + Kollabora

For me, every week is Selfish Sewing Week! I did something very out of the ordinary today and looked for patterns for some gift sewing. (My oldest cousin is expecting and baby projects are quick enough to consider doing.) Ninety-nine percent of the time, everything I make is for me but let's pretend that I need an excuse to sew things for me for a week.

I wrapped up my final Sew Dolly Clackett dress last Friday, at the very last minute and still have to write up a post for it and Sew Dolly Clackett dress #3. For once, I have no sewing WsIP! I mean, I guess my Datura counts because I haven't sewn the binding on the bottom yet because I ran out of black thread. I have worn it twice, sans binding, so I'm considering it a FO.

I have a few things on my radar:

- Thurlow shorts, in a grey twill from Jo-Ann. I'm hoping they will be a wearable muslin and not a wadder. Tissue-fitting FOR SURE. This one is in the mail. Fabric already washed and pressed, ready to pin and cut.

- Simplicity 1882 in this floral for IORG. I need to make it floor-length, and have been procrastinating about that for months. Simple, but I'm still putting it off.

- another Datura, with the remnants from the Tattooed Grandpa dress

- thinking today about doing a white dress for Highland performances, a la: https://www.tartantown.com/highland-dance-shop/product/5431-unique-patterns-lilt-dress or possibly using another pattern entirely. I have about ten different places I'd like to start with sewing for dance and none of them are actually needed on any kind of timeline.

I tend to make a lot of plans and then end up making something on the fly that was not planned whatsoever, so it will be interesting to see what actually happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment