22 February 2010

Couch to 5k

I started Couch to 5k in January, and did pretty well with it. For about a week. Then I had what was possibly the most stressful week of my life, which included a Highland dance competition with totally new steps (my first in six months and my first time doing the 2010 Championship steps), and my BATD Member’s exam (which would allow me to teach Highland). I was practicing every day and decided that doing Highland and running would probably not be the best thing, especially for my joints. My ankle agreed, and thanks me for it now. After the competition, exam, and grueling workshop the day after, I got a little lazy. Didn’t start running again, and lo and behold, now it’s more than a month later and I hadn’t run. ‘Til today! I’ve officially started Couch to 5k again, and just completed week 1, day 1. I’m blogging about it because I think that will help me keep doing it. You’ll know that if I don’t blog, it’s probably because I didn’t run. This means I’m due to blog again on Wednesday, so keep an eye out!

I also want to mention that I really, truly hate running. I need to be exercising more, and this is what it’s come to.

Also, if you’re wondering, I passed my exam! I found out last night. Thank you to anyone who helped me, or listened to me bitch, or reassured me that I would do fine. You guys got me through it. I only cried once that whole weekend! (And that’s a feat, truly.) For your enjoyment, here is a cute picture from that weekend. The ladies pictured helped keep me slightly distracted and sane that day. Our photo sesh was the highlight of my day.

DDN Northern California Faction

No comments:

Post a Comment